AmenitiesSpace That Breathes
The Queen Kapiolani Hotel amenities are thoughtful expressions of Hawaii lifestyle and inspired by its natural environment. Kapahulu Terrace, main lobby, third floor Outdoor Living Room and pool area have all been designed with the feeling of “welcome” at every turn. Visit our Guest Experience Manager whos knowledge of the island's top things to do will present an array of immersive experiences happening daily and weekly. Hawaii’s Golden Age never saw this much action!
State-of-the-art fitness center
Keep moving and feel the energy of the island by training in our modern fitness center, open 24 hours a day to hotel guests and offering stationary bikes, treadmills, TRX, free weights and kettle bells as well foam rollers and yoga mats. Active experiences are a given at the QK where you can design your own customized course through the 300-acre Kapiolani Park adjacent to the Hotel, a hike up Diamond Head, a bike ride toward Kahala, Hot Hula, Yoga, Running Club and Pop-Up Wellness Workshops.
SWIM UNDER AN ENDLESS SKY
We proudly possess the “WOW” pool deck in Waikiki. Our newly remodeled, scenic pool, surrounded by beautiful, unobstructed views of Diamond Head are where guests meet and mingle while catching spectacular sunsets, swimming under an endless sky and enjoying a vibrant scene. Relax with a craft cocktail in hand and to the sounds of live Hawaiian music from local artists. Now that’s Hawaii living!
Indoor Event. Outdoor Party. Why Choose?
Make the Diamond Head monument your special scene for any occasion. Envision an elegant wedding, with ocean breezes and the hint of sea spray at your senses or a team meeting or conference with a forever memorable backdrop.Learn more about our event spaces.
- Beach chairs/towels (upon request)
- Welcome Dole Pineapple Whip Sample upon arrival (Aloha Whip located at lobby level)
- Raw Elements eco-friendly/organic sunscreen samples
- Ice and filtered water stations (every other floor)
- Two complimentary reusable water bottles
- 24-hour fitness center (2nd Floor)
- Yoga on the go kit (upon request)
- Daily surf lesson demonstrations
- Daily entertainment
- Special offers to Oahu’s heritage arts and culture venues (coming soon in 2019)
- Special offers to Honolulu Zoo and Waikiki Aquarium (coming soon in 2019)
- Discounts at Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium, Oahu’s arts/cultural museums
- Wifi internet (guestrooms/public areas)
- Unlimited local and toll free telephone calls
- Complimentary PressReader access (over 6,000 online digital newspapers/magazines)
- 10% off Dollar rental car
The Legacy ofQueen Kapi'olani
QK Life is about the Hotel’s legacy and culture. The legacy starts with Queen Kapiolani herself. Married to King Kalakaua, she was Hawaii’s Queen from 1874 to 1891, loved art and composed her own music, played polo, surfed, and relished a great party, (even travelling to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee). She loved her people, and honored her people by establishing Kapiolani Hospital for Women as one of her great gifts to Hawaii.
In 1967, the Hotel was built on royal lands overlooking Kapiolani Park, the State’s greatest park which is named after the Queen herself; for decades the Hotel was the favored place where locals and guests gathered for brunch, dinner, weddings and graduations; its location at the beach was perfect for kama’aina surfing; and its art collection and music programming rivaled that of any hotel in Honolulu.
As the Hotel completes its restoration, it once again brings the beach, art and music into its hospitality culture.