Welcome to Queen Kapiolani Hotel
Your Waikiki Beach Hotel in Honolulu
Queen Kapiolani offers all the conveniences of home, with World Famous Waikiki Beach as your backyard. Explore the coastline, take a dip in calm tropical waters just a short stroll down the street, then relax and unwind in one of our comfortable guest rooms. Our goal is to provide you with excellent service making sure you feel at home, relaxed and welcome into the Queen Kapiolani ohana - or family! Our pursuit for excellence comes from our historical and culturally significant name sake.
Transportation between The Queen Kapiolani Hotel and Honolulu International Airport is available through our preferred vendor Kaimana Cab at a flat rate of $35 from airport to hotel and $29 from hotel to airport. Please contact our Bell Staff at (808)931-4425 to arrange for taxi services. Or call Kaimana Cab direct at (808) 277-4544. Appointments and pricing based on availability.
Queen Kapi'olani's motto in life was, "Kūlia i ka nu'u," which means “Strive to reach the highest.” She stayed faithful to Hawaiian culture, learning the popular European dances of the time while still preferring to converse in her native language.
During her 1887 trip to Queen Victoria's Jubilee celebration in London, she debuted her famous blue peacock accented dress, and was treated as an equal to Queen Victoria, Europe's most powerful monarch at the time. You can view a painting of Queen Kapi'olani in her peacock dress in the lobby of our hotel.
- Located near the Diamond Head end of Waikiki Beach - with less traffic and fewer crowds
- Walking distance to the Honolulu Zoo and Kapiolani Park
- Close proximity to Ala Moana Mall
- 10 miles from Honolulu International Airport (HNL)
- 1.5 miles from the Hawaii Convention Center
- 4 Miles from The University of Hawaii
- We are only minutes from shopping, dining and entertainment along Waikiki's Kalakaua Avenue
- Located across the street from the city bus stop
- 300 steps to the sands of Waikiki Beach